Friday, March 20, 2009

Huge!

The boy weighed in at 5lbs 11.5oz today. I think growing so fast is why his red blood cell production can't keep up. He got the first shot of EPO today. Made him holler. But it seems like the right thing to do.

Yesterday Hale's paternal grandmother got to be the first non-parent/non-nurse to hold him.


Sweet or what?


I can tell you, in no uncertain terms, that the effect of hearing your mother talking sweet mommy-talk in her sweet mommy voice to your very own son for the first time is a powerful one.

Whoooo.

Good powerful.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! You're right, he is huge! I can see why his red blood cell production might be having trouble keeping up, he's growing at an astonishing rate! Amy's breastmilk must be magic. I can see that he is brilliant already too!! He's already looking at his grandma like "woah. this is worth staying awake for. i don't want to miss out on this." How exciting!

    ReplyDelete