Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Bird. The Dart.


This boy and that gesture, I swear! I went to take a picture of Hale in the Isolette porthole. The camera comes up, and he flips me the bird. Just flips it. Hard. And not for the first time, either.

I was like, whoa there, rocker...

Later tonight, we were visiting some lovely friends, and espied this lovely car in their lovely neighborhood.
It's a Dodge Dart, pretty sure a '66, and I'm pretty sure it's identical to the car I rode around in mostly as a kid. Probably not when I was as young as Hale, but it's the first car I remember. The license plate on ours is the first thing I memorized: OGT-097. That chalk white is still my favorite color of white.

Between this car and that ceramic cat thing, it seems clear the vein of nostalgia comes a bit closer to the surface when you become a dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment