Tuesday, March 17, 2009

5 Pounds, Baby!



It feels like a milestone. Five pounds isn't so small. Four pounds, three pounds... that is pretty wee. Five pounds is sack of flour. Sacks of flour are what we used in high school in health class when we got to the unit called 'Family Life' in which we carried around sacks flour and pretended they were babies. We drew faces on them,  named them and were instructed not to drop them on our way to math. 
(If I go back to teaching, I would like to teach health and redo this curriculum-- make 'em carry around tiny monkeys. Hale is way more like a monkey than a sack of flour. Darwin- umm, was right. There is no way around it.)




4 comments:

  1. wow hale! you are amazing! I have a bunch of stuff i'd better get to you before you grow out of it!

    apt 401

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - how strange that Hale weighs exactly how much I hope to lose in the next 2 weeks! (Puts it all in perspective, don't it?) I miss the little monkey - he's getting so big! It's all the super fatty breast milk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my Grandaughter July 3rd & she was 5lbs. I wanted to see what my little 'Girl' would have looked like. I'm heartbroken!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,
    We cannot imagine how terrible it must be. So sorry for your loss. Our best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete