Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hale is on the fast track!


(If you look closely, you can see that his hat says Harley Davidson, a gift from his favorite uncle-in-law, Mike. Don't tell my mom, but I am guessing Hale will get to ride on the back of one as soon he big enough. My sister's family will see to it.)


Hale took a bottle 8 out of 8 times yesterday, minus a few ml. here and there. This is a Big Deal. Eating without the tube in his nose is the last test he has to pass in order to get sprung from Group Health Cooperative, the happiest hospital on earth. 

So, I am not sure exactly when we get to bundle him in our new car seat (the Graco Snugride in Melbourne–Melbourne IS a color, not just a city in Australia. It is for a boy. You can tell because it is blue, not pink, like the Victoria, also not just a city in Australia.), but it is going to be soon. 

Cross your fingers, in the next week-ish, Hale will be a resident of West Seattle. 

Are we ready? Yes! YEs! YES! Have we finished remodeling our apartment? No. Do we feel like parents of a almost 7 week old? Not really. Are we dying to leave the love and safety and experience of the wise nurses and Group Health Cooperative. Heck No! Scary. 

But are we ready?
YeS! So ready. 

I know this will wear off quickly, but right now, I would welcome his middle of the night cries. I am ready. We are ready. I miss him. We miss him, dearly. 

So, every three hours (6,9,12,3,6,9,12,3) be thinking Bottle, Bottle, Bottle, Hale, Hale, Hale. Breast feeding is the goal. I practice with him before his feedings, but apparently he is not quite ready for this yet. It will come though. I will be following up with the lactation nurses in the coming weeks. Long live the La Leche League, Yo!

I am going to go make Hale's bed right now. We got loaned a co-sleeper and I am itching to put blankets on it –put them receiving blankets to use. Finally I know what they are for and why they are called 'receiving blankets'.

1 comment:

  1. OH AMY AND SCOTT!!! I am sooooo excited for you! Although I am going to miss you guys soooo much, I can't wait for Hale to go home to you! Watching Hale today without any monitors or tubes makes me feel like we are almost half way there! I hope to see your Melborne carseat sitting there tomorrow and hear that Hale is on his way home!!! And thanks for being super cool and talking with us when we are in there. You guys are awesome!!!

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete